Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Delta Eta Omega Chapter, Albany, Georgia has a history of implementing programs in the Albany/Dougherty County community since 1946. All Targets of “Exemplifying Excellence Through Sustainable Service (2018-2022) have been implemented in the Albany/Dougherty County community. Currently, the chapter sponsors its biennial Fashionetta, which is a cultural event that assists in raising money for scholarships, provide charitable contributions, and meet the needs of the community.
Delta Eta Omega Chapter sponsors several local programs. They are:
- Acteens- These are teenage girls in grades 9-12, who are exposed to educational workshops, volunteer in the community, among other programs to ensure these young ladies are college and career ready.
- Emerging Young Leaders (EYL)- These are girls in middle school and are provided with leadership development, civic engagement, academic preparation and character building.
- Senior Citizens Project- Senior Citizens are given a delicious meal and provided with vital information on healthy living, caretaking, and vital information that affect senior living.
- Voter Registration Drives
- Seasonal Wrap Give-a-ways
- Back to School supply donations
- Hip Hop Healthy Kids for elementary students
- Food donations/give-a-ways
- Participates in Relay for Life, Albany Pink Walk for Breast Cancer, NAMI Walk, and the Snickers Marathon
- Health Fairs for women
- Partnership with other organizations to sponsor luncheons, activities, and workshops
And many other programs that help alleviate concerns affecting the community. The Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Delta Eta Omega Chapter, believe in living the sorority’s motto of providing “Service to all Mankind!”